Boxer dogs are great all around dog breeds, distinguished canine and the coolest, most lovable dog out there! Boxer Dogs are medium-built and strong breed that are so named because of its habit of standing on the hind legs to begin a fight and boxing with the front paws.
By nature, Boxer dogs are working dogs. Throughout history it has been trained as:
- hunting dog
- police dog
- seeing-eye dog for the blind
- guard dog
- circus dog
- courier dog on the battlefields during World War
I and World War II
- fighting dog in the once popular sport of dog fighting.
* Height: Dogs 22-25 inches (56-63 cm.) Bitches 21-24 inches (53-61 cm)
Weight: Dog 60-70 pounds (27-32 kg.) Bitches 53-65 pounds (24-29 kg.)
* Exercise - An active, athletic breed, Boxers need daily work or exercise, as well as a long brisk, daily walk. They also enjoy fetching a ball or other sessions of play.
* Life Expectancy About 11-14 years.
Boxer Pictures and Pics
Boxer Dogs Gallery Photo
Boxer The Dogs Picture
Dogs Breeds - Boxer Dogs Photo
Boxer Breeds Dogs Wallpaper Pics
* Boxer dog Living Conditions : Boxers will do okay in an apartment if sufficiently exercised. They are fairly active indoors and do best with at least an average-sized yard. Boxers do best in temperate climates as the breed can chill easily in cold weather and have trouble cooling off in very hot weather.
* Boxer dog Health Problems : Some major concerns are cardiomyopathy and other heart problems, sub-aortic stenosis, and thyroid. Can be prone to skin allergies. Sometimes prone to epilepsy and hip dysplasia. From age eight on they are more likely to get tumors than other breeds. Tendency for allergies. These dogs may drool and snore. May have excessive flatulence. Some white Boxers are prone to deafness.
* 2 - Litter Size 10 puppies - Average 6